The Palace of Fine Arts,
San Francisco

The Palace of Fine Arts was built as part of the 1915 Panama Pacific International Expo by Bernard Maybeck and was originally only intended to stand for the nine month duration of the exposition. The building was so beautiful and beloved that it was spared the wrecking ball that befell many of the fair’s nine other buildings. However, The Palace’s structure was only intended to be temporary and by the 1950s lay mostly in ruin. An energetic campaign led to a revival of the Palace and it was rebuilt in 1964.

We Players - Roman Women 2018 - promo photo by Lauren Matley - 0183 - 7050px.jpg

We Players Events at The Palace of Fine Arts:
Roman Women, 2018